A Natural Solution to Beach Erosion and Rehabilitation Process
BEACH SAVER BLOCKSEngineered concrete structures that harness natural wave action to restore the sand to the beach
What is the Beach Saver Block
The Beach Saver Block is a natural solution to Beach Erosion, sand management and the Beach Re-nourishment process. This use of Beach Saver Blocks drastically reduces the cost in comparison to sand and beach dredging, based on simple conservative economics that show the modules can be used on either a semi-permanent to permanent basis, contingent upon the scope of the re-nourishment project.
How the Beach Saver Block Works
The Beach Saver Block operates in two ways; Firstly by breaking down the energy of the wave, therefore drastically reducing the erosion on the beach. Secondly, it enables the wave, which consists of large amounts of sand and beach sediment, to go through the tapered openings and onto the beach area.
When the water retreats, it must pass through the smaller tapered open portion of the module enabling the sand sufficient time to settle into the coastline and not back into the surf, therefore building up the beach with sand regeneration. Eventually, the modules will become completely immersed in sand and beach sediment, accreting large amounts of sand on both sides of the modules.
The Beach Saver Block is passive in its work. Facilitating nature to rebuild and do its own work. There is no drastic environmental changes or stressing pf the surrounding coastline or seabed that would be consequence if there was dredging works.
BEACH SAVER BLOCK IS PATENT PENDING
Features and Benefits The Beach Saver Blocks
Offering beach and shoreline protection against erosion and waves.
Innovative design allows for the Beach Saver Block to renourish the beach or shoreline.
The blocks work passively to harness natural processes to deposit and regenerate the sand, wave by wave.
Unlike dredging, Beach Saver Block does not threaten the natural habitat of fauna and aquatic life.
AN AUSTRALASIAN SOLUTION
Beaches all over Australasia and the Pacific could directly benefit from Beach Saver Blocks capabilities.
There is little to no stressing to the environment sea bed or coastline in comparison to dredging operations.
With the blocks being made of concrete which has very long life, the Beach Saver Block could offer a permanent solution.
Modern updated design of the beach blocks allows for modular portability and placement.
More about the Beach Saver Block…
- Beach Saver Block is a modular system, that promotes beach accretion, while preventing beach erosion.
- Made from 40 Mpa concrete to special recipe to maximise lifespan and durability
- Modular design for simple installation
- Inexpensive and re-usable in comparison to alternative/currently accepted beach restoration methods.
- Beach Saver Block, drastically reduces the carbon footprint of most Beach Restoration projects, by not requiring barges or dredging
- Beach Saver Block, can be re-used multiple times, for multiple installs, in multiple locations, if so desired. Or the system can be left in place permanently.
- Environmentally friendly, will not deteriorate, nor will the units “take in” any Sea Turtles or other living organisms, unlike many other types of dredging operations.
- Each module weighs approximately 2.5 ton; Not light weight or easily moved;
- It would require severe storm and wave surge to move a module due to its weight and how the units are strapped together
- Transport and placement can be undertaken using the forklift positioning slots or lifting slings
- Place the blocks with the large hole openings facing the ocean
- Will not leave exposed rocks, wood, or other materials that could be potentially dangerous to beach users, therefore alleviating those safety concerns.
- Modular system allows for as much or as little beach renourishment as needed.
ENGINEERED CONCRETE STRUCTURES TO PROTECT AND PRESERVE OUR COASTLINE FROM EROSIONThese are the concrete products we make to help protect and preserve our coasts
ARTICULATED CONCRETE CABLE BLOCK MATS
Our concrete products are manufactured in Northern NSW and are transported all over Australia.
Please contact us if you would like to learn more about how our products can help you resolve your coastal erosion issues.
BEACH SAVER BLOCK IS PATENT PENDING